HESI Open call to Q(SAR) and QM working group

The Health and Environmental Sciences Institute’s Genetic Toxicology Technical Committee (HESI GTTC) is excited to announce the launch of a new (Quantitative) Structure-Activity Relationship/Quantum Mechanics ((Q)SAR/QM) program, which aims to refine and extend the Carcinogenic Potency Categorization Approach (CPCA) using (Q)SAR and QM for improved predictive performance. This new program, a fourth arm of work to the Mechanism-based Genotoxicity Risk Assessment (MGRA) Nitrosamines Research Program, will build upon and leverage the ongoing work and data generation within the HESI GTTC MGRA Nitrosamines Research Program.

More info here: https://connect.hesiglobal.org/Amd56N

8 Likes

Thanks for posting @Naiffer_Host! I’m co-leading this group, which will build on the informal SAR group I have been co-leading, so feel free to message me with any questions!

6 Likes

About GTTC Nitrosamines Research program, please click the following link;

GTTC : The mission of the Genetic Toxicology Technical Committee (GTTC) is to improve the scientific basis of the interpretation of results from genetic toxicology tests for purposes of more accurate hazard identification and assessment of human risk; to develop follow-up strategies for determining the relevance of test results to human health; to provide a framework for integration of testing results into a risk-based assessment of the effects of chemical exposures on human health; to promote the integration and use of new techniques and scientific knowledge in the evaluation of genetic toxicology; and to monitor and promote the development of innovative tests and testing strategies.

5 Likes

Long-time lurker, first time poster. :slight_smile: Thanks for sharing @Naiffer_Host!

Just to clarify that while this is an open call - this is very much a WORKING group with a few minimum requirements per HESI operating policies. For this working group we are looking for participants with expertise in (Q)SAR/QM. Experts from the public sector have to only contribute their time, effort and other resources that they are able to share. Experts from the private sector do need to be HESI sponsors in order to participate. More information is available in the link provided, but also can be found on the HESI website here: https://hesiglobal.org/partner/partner-with-us/

2 Likes