Metabolic activation of short-chain alkyl N-nitrosamines using Aroclor 1254 or phenobarbital/beta-naphthoflavone-induced rat or hamster S9 – a comparative analysis -Pub

I’m happy to share with the community that our latest manuscript is online!

“Metabolic activation of short-chain alkyl N-nitrosamines using Aroclor 1254 or phenobarbital/beta-naphthoflavone-induced rat or hamster S9 – a comparative analysis” is online!

Highlights:

• NDEA, NDPA, NDBA were detected using 10% induced rat or 10% uninduced or induced hamster S9.
  • For NDMA, significant mutation frequencies above the threshold were detected with 20% rat and 10% hamster S9.
  • Higher rat or hamster S9 concentrations do not increase the sensitivity of the Ames test.
  • Uninduced hamster S9 is as effective as induced hamster S9 to activate 2-AA and BAP.
  • NDEA, NDPA and NDBA are suitable as additional nitrosamine positive controls to be used in the Enhanced Ames Test.

The publication is open access, you can download it using this link:
[Redirecting] (Redirecting)

6 Likes

I’ve been telling people about this paper since I first saw you present on it - amazing to see it has finally been published :hearts:

2 Likes

@SSimon Fantastic work, congrats… very timely the publication!

1 Like

Great to now, I will look to get the paper, to read it. Congrats.

Please, just let me to ask to the group. Does somebody have details of available CRO that perform the Enhanced Ames Test for nitrosamines in Europe or US?
Would be great to have this information, to contact these CRO for future assays to be performed.

1 Like

Great work!

Just interested to know does the same applies to NDSRI? Being large and more they require CYP3A4.

1 Like