Nitrosamine SAR resources by Dr. Kevin Cross

Greetings. I wanted to pull together in a post the information that Kevin @kpcross has been sharing with us in the past few days related to Nitrosamine Impurities prediction and acceptable limits. I found it very educational and filled with great learnings.

• The toxicology forum Nitrosamine session description and slides
  • Kevin’s presentation (recording) on Predicting N-Nitrosamine Activity from Structure-Activity relationships
  • Case study on the use of less-than-lifetime duration limits for Nitrosamines
  • We also learn that The Nitrosamine SAR group workgroup is developing monographs for NDMA and other popular nitrosamines that will help define clear TD50s
4 Likes

Thanks for the summarization Naiffer. There are new conferences on the horizon, some open to the public.

Among them is the American College of Toxicology annual meeting which includes a symposium, “Carcinogenic Nitrosamines in Food and Drugs” om Monday November 15th 9 am-noon EDT. https://www.actox.org/am/am2021/index.asp

David Pointing @David from Lhasa LImited will be presenting the latest results from the Nitrosamine SAR workgroup entitled, “Predicting N-Nitrosamine Activity from Structure-Activity Relationships”. I will also be presenting a poster on nitrosamine research at this conference.

Kevin

2 Likes